+44 (0)1733 887732
Jamie prioritises the commercial needs of his clients when delivering expert advice on complex issues in a straightforward, friendly and cost-effective manner.
Graduating from Leeds University Business School before specialising in law, Jamie then trained with and worked for a leading national law firm for 5 years, prior to joining our Disputes team in January 2013. Having previously spent a number of years within specialist banking and finance teams, he is also a member of our Banking and Finance team.
Whilst Jamie has worked on a number of reported cases in both the High Court and the Court of Appeal, his commercial approach means that he avoids his clients becoming embroiled in litigation where possible. He has acted for an impressive portfolio of clients from large multinational companies to individuals, advising on disputes involving contract, banking and finance, intellectual property and director/shareholder disputes. Recent work has included:
- financial services/FOS proceedings against a major international bank arising out of fallout from the Swiss Franc/Euro currency peg;
- advising a major UK wealth management company relating to alleged negligence and FSMA claims arising from various investments (some with international elements);
- an £8m claim arising from alleged carousel fraud;
- various contractual disputes on behalf of both national and international clients including a £0.5m claim in the High Court and an international dispute relating to the supply of goods in the Commercial Court;
- advising a lender in relation to the enforcement of its security over land and property which involved complex environmental issues;
- acting for a Chinese company in relation to monies owed for goods supplied to a UK plc under a Damages Based Agreement; and
- various intellectual property disputes relating to UK and CTM trade marks, copyright, passing off and domain names.
Jamie is recommended as a ‘Next generation lawyer’ in the Legal 500 2017.
He is highly regarded by clients who describe him as “a great lawyer” and “like having your own in-house legal counsel”. They also like his “commercial”, “candid” and “methodical” approach that frequently achieves great results.